The Olsen Side
We got married on March 13th at 9:40 AM in the salt lake temple. It was such a great day. Rulon Craven Daniels fathers mission president married us. He did a great job from what i remember but i was pretty nervous so its hard to remember a whole lot :-). My mom and my grammy both told me my foot was shaking like crazy during the entire ceremony. It was great though we had lots of friends and family there to support us. We are very lucky to have such great friends and family so close who can be there for us. After the ceremony we went to change. My mom and my friend Krista were in the dressing room with me they were zipping up my dress, (It was a two man job) the zipper got caught on my G's they got it unstuck and got the zipper up to the top i bent down to fix the skirt of the dress and all of the sudden i felt a POP!! My eye's got big i looked at my mom and krista and there eye's were just as big as mine my mom said "OH NO" My zipper had popped open at this point i'm starting to freak out no one has even seen my dress i'm going to have to safty pin my dress what a disaster!! They did end up on being able to get the zipper back down with lots of work but it zipped right back up perfectly! Thank heavens that truly would have been a disaster. It was a little gloomy outside but we were lucky enough that the weather was clear for the pictures and then rained once we got to the luncheon. The luncheon was at Christophers it was pretty tasty. We then headed back to union station reception center to set everything up this is when bridezilla came out in me. Not as many people showed up as I thought would be there to help set up so I was getting a little stressed hoping that we could get everything done in time. We did with the help of Daniels parents, sister Jenny, My parents brothers and my bridesmaids. It all came together and looked beautiful. I calmed down once it all got put together. The reception started at 7:00 we got tons of compliments on our beautiful cake made by Wendy, Daniels sister.
The candy bar was a hit we had 80 pounds of candy and it was completly gone by the end of the reception. We ordered 500 cinnamon rolls and took about 200 home. We weren't very good at judging how many cinnamon rolls to order. oh well breakfast for the next 5 months. After the reception we took my dad's car and he took Daniels trashed truck there was condoms elmers glued to the windows. My dad was so sweet to clean the truck why we were on the honeymoon. We headed to The Inn On The Hill where we stayed that first night its just a little hotel but it was darling well we got to the hotel and i was already so exhausted cause I had been up since 3AM but i realized i had forgotten my birth control and thats a big problem I started balling i'm sure this is exactly what Daniel had imagined for the first night ;-). I didn't know what to do it was about midnight. Daniel said i can drive to your parents and get it and i said no cause i didn't want to be left in this strage place all alone. He said we can go together but i didn't want to do that either cause it was a little hotel and they locked the door at nights i didn't want to get locked out so finally being the wonderful husband he is he called my mom (very embarrassing) My parents then drove to salt lake in the middle of the night in my little brother's car cause they only had daniels truck which was trashed to bring me my birth control daniel went down to meet them and grab it from them cause i was so mortified i did not want to see my parents. But we got the birth control and everything was ok
we had a great day very eventful and very happy.
We have the cutest nieces and nephews ever!!

5 comments:
YAY! what a great story, i was sad to miss the whole thing, but sounds like everything was wondering. Love the cake, and you look beautiful. I love your dress!
You guys are so cute! I loved your reception and the food was SO yummy! You look gorgeous!
Welcome to the blog world!! I look foward to seeing more on a regular basis!
Hey guess what... Rulon Craven is my brother-in-law's grandpa. He's a nice guy! And I love your blog!!
Yeah, great story!!! I was so hammered by the time I finally got to bed at FOUR AYE EMMM!!! having gotten up at 3 on the wedding day to turn on the light so Krista wouldn't do a face plant coming up to the house. And then E-man (the brother) was up at 6:30 so ummm lets see that was a total of 2.5 hours sleep in a total of about 40 hours. I am glad there is only one daughter!!! Tooo high maint for my taste. Oh and the bridezilla part...Yeah, I got to experience that one first hand during the setup. That was after I did a face plant on the sidewalk out front when I tripped over the curb and the reception table I was carrying went flying. I limped around all evening on my recently operated on toe that I stubbed when I tripped. It was a beautiful day...just glad it is over!!!!
Post a Comment