We love our home dearly but it needs a little fixing up here and there and since my husband has lots of free time he has been getting TONS done!!! Our lovely basement has a tendency to flood since the ground has sunk and slopes towards the house. So we have a big project to do! First he ripped out all the trees and bushes that were in the front of the house and on the side of the house. Next he put this tar stuff on the inside walls of the unfinished basement to prevent the water from continuing to come in. Next he broke up the side walk to the patio. Then I got the joy in helping roll up all of the grass in the front yard and moving it to the back yard so that we could get the ground raised.


Daniels brother david was so nice to help cut the sod up and transport it to the back. They only broke 3 sprinklers :-) . Sod is so heavy and i'm a super woose so i got to the point where i would just roll up the sod and the boys would carry it to the wheel barrow then roll it to the backyard.
It took us all night long but we got it all done. Friday Daniel and my brother chuck went and picked up some dirt to raise the ground with they made the dirt slope towards the sidwalk and street instead of the house.
Then we put the sod back down it took us till 11:00 at night and daniel started working on the dirt at 7 in the morning it was a long day and he was so exhausted.Saturday morning we had to give the puppies baths they got so muddy and dirty from helping us out :-). We were also watching Daniels sister Wendy's dog buddy for the weekend. max loved having a friend.
after the bath daniel fixed th sprinklers.
now we get the joy of pouring some new cement. but the yard is coming along quite nicely. Hopefully we can get it all taken care of this summer so we can have a party next summer :-)
The Wedding Day
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Your house is so cute! It'll be so nice to have your yard all done and no more floods!
i wish you could've waited a few days so Jared could live up his blogging moment...nice work Dan- we still have work at our house...
WOW Kelsie! I didn't realize you were capable of manual labor! j/k It looks great!
Atta boy Dan. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm in the middle of some projects in my yard as well. Last week I had a tractor in my backyard this week, I get to play with a dump truck! Gotta love being a homeowner.
Look at your cute house! its coming along quite nicely!
WoW, that is one LONG day!!!! I can't believe you guys did that all in ONE day! Owning a home comes with sooo much work, Huh?!..but in the end, it is soo worth it! :) Now I want to see pics of the inside! It looks ADORABLE!!
Hi, good to hear from you. Your blog it way cute! I love blogging, it's such a good way to stay in touch with people.
Wow! That is so much work. Our yard needs some attention too..so if you want to come to Ohio there is plenty to do here. Kelsie, you are so lucky to have a husband willing and able to do all that. Looks great!
-Daniel.
Sounds like a lot of work! Keep it up, the house is looking awesome!
Well done friends.
I enjoyed seeing the Hombre out front. Haven't seen that for a while.
Hey Kelsie, Thanks for the nice comment! Sorry to leave you AnOtHeR one..but I was wondering what you guys are doing to the kitchen? We did a bunch of stuff to ours when we moved in! Older houses have lots of projects huh! anyways, you should just e-mail me :) meganwhitear@yahoo.com
I love hearing what other people are doing so maybe I can get some ideas! hehe :o)
Holy smokes Kels! That is a lot of work. It will be completely worth it though when you are all done! If i ever get some free time i would love to help if you need it. :)
ugh....yard work. One day I'm sure I will have to go through it. You look to happy doing it!!! LOL
can I hire your husband to come work on my lawn?! oh wait...we don't even have grass in the backyard...just dirt..and the front yard is weeds! Don't you just love buying a house and having to do ALL sorts of crazy work?! It looks fabulous! I am glad that your house wont flood anymore!
Post a Comment