Once again we headed up to the always fun and easy to access bear lake cabin.
heres the
haps of what we did this time around!! We headed up there after work (well after
Kelsies work) and stopped at delicious Burger King to eat in
logan. Once we got up there we
just relaxed for the rest of the night to get ready for our big
saturday! First on the agenda was the craft fair for raspberry days, we walked around and saw all the booths and got some kettle corn and a new picture of the Salt Lake temple for our room, thanks to our "fair allowance" from Rob and Becky!! after the fair it was off to the ice caves, we all rode 4 wheelers to get there, including Max, and here are some pics to tell the tale! As we unloaded the 4 wheelers we found this piece of farm equipment that said Max on it so naturally we took a picture!

And yup we just strapped a cage on the front of the
ol 4 wheeler and let max ride along, PETA
didnt really give us too much trouble!

Deep deep deep into the ice caves we went, they were really dark inside you cant really tell because the camera flash lit things up for the picture.

You can see
just how icy it was in there, a big sheet of rocks and ice! very dangerous and VERY slippery.

Here we are
on the inside just
chillin! (pun intended)

And yes it
was a little cold and scary as our faces in this picture indicate!

This is me and an ice pillar, it was pretty neat on the inside.

But when we were done
poor little Max was sure tired, he just cuddled up with his duck friend and slept all the way back home.

After the caves me and
Kels decided to go get some rays at the beach, we were the just long enough to set our towels down and walk to the water when we look back and see
everybodys easy ups on the beach blowing over. A big storm rolled in right when we got there, so we snapped a pic and packed up.

If I could add movement to the picture below you would notice all the boats floating away to the left and the big sand storm you see in the back blowing right past us and sandblasting our backs and legs!

So the beach was
awsome and we came home to some
hamburgers and
hotdogs, we spent the rest of the night
watching movies and playing games. Sunday morning brought Church and clean up and a ride home. It was a lot of fun and we cant wait to do it again!!
8 comments:
well that looks like a real fun weekend. Sometimes you need a little get away...and a little sandblasting on your back and legs.
Your cave adventure looked like a blast. Maybe next time you can go do some spurlunking.
Daniel, a fun weekend indeed. I like how you strapped Max on the 4 wheeler. PITA didn't seem to mind, but PETA might.
I've never had a hemburger. I would like to try one sometime!!!
Sounds like a fun weekend! I haven't been to Raspberry Days FoReVeR!! I am jealous. I have never been to those caves either, those look way COOL! (pun intended) hehe:)
I am glad you guys had a AWESOME weekend away from Ogden life! It sounds like you had an awesome time and I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!!
HOW FUN!! I BET IT WAS A LOT OF FUN! ITS ALWAYS NICE TO GET AWAY!! WERE GOING TO BEAR LAKE AT THE END OF THE MONTH! I CANNOT WAIT...CUTE PICS OF YOUR PUP AND YOU AND YOUR HUBBY!
I was so sad that you guys weren't up there when we were, but what can ya do I guess family is more importatnt! But I'm glad you guys got back up there.
Post a Comment