Daniel, Kelsie & Puppy Max

The Wedding Day

The Wedding Day

Make Your Own Family

Monday, December 29, 2008

Unhappy Birthday

As many of you already know or have heard Daniel and I were watching our friends Jared and Wendy's sweet dog Gambit. They were in Virginia for the holidays with Wendy's family. Our friends Rocky and Brittney watched Gambit for a week and a half prior to us getting him. We picked him up on friday afternoon. He came to our house and just played with max. He cried every now and then but overall he was an excellent dog. Max and Gambit were INSTANTLY best friends they just played and followed each other around. Dan played fetch with the both of them. It was a race to see which one could get the ball first. They were so funny and were always ready for the ball to get thrown again. We even put a hoodie on Gambit we had bought it for max but it ended up on being to big but fit Gambit perfectly. They had to be twins in there sweatshirts. Gambit was very sweet all night he kept coming up and cuddling with us laying his head on our lap or laying on our feet. We stayed up till about midnight on Friday just watching movies then it was off to bed for the pups. So we put them both in there beds and off to bed we went. Saturday morning it was Daniel's birthday I had gotten up at about 8:30 and went to make Daniel some breakfast in bed. Daniel decided to get the dogs up to come and cuddle with him in bed while I made breakfast. First he got max and then went to get Gambit and he had passed away in his sleep. It was so sad. Daniel rushed him to the vet to see if there was anything they could do. It was really icy on the roads and Daniel slid through 2 red lights on the way there but made it safely. The vet didn't know what happened to Gambit they couldn't tell why he died. Daniel came home and was so upset he felt so responisble for what had happened to poor sweet Gambit. Jared and Wendy were so sweet and so forgiving we really appreciate how wonderfully they handled everything. After everything that happened we decided it was best to go and do something to keep us busy and keep our minds off the morning we had had. It was still Dan's birthday so I made him up some breakfast we got ready and took max to my parents I was a little paranoid after everything that happened I didn't want him to be home alone. We got Daniels parents and headed to salt lake to see the Body Worlds exhibit. It was SO neat we loved it. It was so busy though we stood in lines just to get in for 1 1/2 hours it was rediculous but so worth it once we saw everything inside. After the exhibit we headed to California Pizza Kitchen for some birthday dinner. It was a lot of fun and we were so glad to have the company of Dan's parents. We didn't get any pictures because you weren't allowed to take any pics at the exhibit and then we forgot at dinner. Despite everything that happened I really hope Daniel had a great birthday and I hope he knows how much I love him and am so greatful for him. HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY babe!!

11 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry :( That's a terrible way to start a birthday. I hope that things started to look brighter for you guys though as the day went on.

Happy birthday Daniel.

Clark's said...

Kels- that's so sad I'm sorry to hear about the dog. I saw you on Sunday but we left early so I didn't get a chance to say hi.

Anonymous said...

Kelsie, Hey I have a dog I need you to take for a day or two. Ross

Wendy Pippin said...

You guys were so great to Gambit, thank you so much for everything. What a terrible way for Dan's birthday to begin...I'm glad you guys were able to have a fun day. It has given us a lot of peace to know that he was so loved and cared for in his last days. We owe you guys so much!!

TravNSteph said...

OMG kels! That is horrible! That is crazy that he just died...but at least he didnt die alone he had max by his side (sort of). I am glad that your friends were understanding...but i am glad that you went and did something to celebrate daniel's birthday anyways! And dont worry, i will NEVER make you dog sit....ha ha ha! even though you already told me you never would

Katie said...

That would have crushed me! He's in a better place and was loved until his last breath. You guys are amazing!

bRanDoN and TheReSa said...

Kels.. hello!! I am so glad a found ya on here :) you made a seriously gorgeous bride!!! good ta see ya!! hope ya had a great christmas and new years :):)

Burk said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Wow, you are almost as old as I am.

Sorry to hear about the day, that sucks. Maybe it was karma paying you back for shaving off the Stone Cold.

Check my blog for some big news. ;)

Sheena said...

That is just awfull. I can't even imagine how you two felt. Then to make things worse you are left wondering what in the heck coiuld have happened. I'm sorry you had to experience that. Happy Birthday to your Hubby. I'm glad you got to see Body Worlds. I really wanted to see that but I never made it. California Pizza Kitchen is my FAVORITE! :)

Megan said...

Kels, I am sooooo sorry. :( I'm glad you two did some fun stuff for his b-day, I REALLY wanted to go see body world but it's kinda hard to go do ANYTHING with TWO kids..haha :) Happy Birthday to your hubby!

mychessmore said...

How Sad. That made me want to cry. I hope your hubby had a good birthday despite the morning you two had. I have always wanted to see the human show, I bet it was awesome.