Daniel, Kelsie & Puppy Max

The Wedding Day

The Wedding Day

Make Your Own Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/16-1/18 Bear Lake Weekend

We went up to bear lake for the holiday weekend. It was so foggy the entire weekend and the fog caused so much frost on everything it was very cool. This is the clearest we saw it all weekend but it was still so foggy below us.Friday Daniel and I headed up around 5 we stopped in Logan for some delicious A&W for dinner then it was up the canyon we went. We were heading up the sweet water mountian to the cabin when we reached a very icy hill we tried several times to get up it but it just wasn't happening in my car. It was pitch black ouside and very foggy it was so thick we couldn't see past the headlights. Daniel decided he would run to the cabin and get the 4 wheeler and come back and get max and me. Daniel didn't have a flashlight and it was very dark he ended up on running past the cabin cause he couldn't see even driveways for cabins. he walked up to one of our neighbors cabins and realized it wasn't ours. Daniel got clear to a stop sign on the very end of our street and had passed our cabin on the way so he had to turn around and keep looking. He finally found it after 30 minutes or so. Me and max sat in the creepy pitch black fog. It was seriously like a scene from a horror movie I just waiting for someone to come knock on the window of my car or something to attack us. I turned a CD up really loud so I didn't get too freaked out but it was scary out there!! He came and got max and me and when he got back to us he realized my tire was flat and thats probably why we couldn't get up the hill. The worst part about the tire is we got it fixed the day BEFORE and it was already flat again. Anyways, Max is so tiny and gets so cold so I zipped him in my coat and covered his little head with a blanket to keep him warm. we strapped some bags to the 4 wheeler with max's leash and off to the cabin we went. We waited till my parents got there later in the evening and then Daniel and my dad went and fixed my flat the car was on an incline so we didn't want dan out there alone trying to fix it. after the flat was fixed the car had no problem getting up to the cabin. On saturday morning me and my mom worked out we did Body Combat. I have been doing so well at working out i've lost 6 pounds my goal is 30. After working out daniel, my brother Chuck and I all went sledding we took the 4 wheeler and pulled the sled behind it for a while then we went to the hill my car got stuck on and road the sled down the hill it was 1/2 mile down and we would take turns someone would follow the sled down on the 4 wheeler and take us all back up to the top the boys got up to 35miles an hour on that sled the hill was so icy and there was no way to stop. Daniel burned a hole in a pair of gloves. Chuck crashed pretty good a couple times and I'm a woosie and kept my feet down for the whole ride. It was still really foggy and hard to see if cars were coming but we had a blast. This is what max did while we were sledding.The rest of the day daniel helped my dad wire the basement and my mom and I hung out upstairs we watched hairspray made cookies it was just a pretty relaxed day. That night we had delicious fajita's for dinner, played games and watched Narnia prince caspian. sunday we all slept in and my dad made us delicious omelets for breakfast then we went to church in the afternoon, came home and ate then chuck, daniel and I headed home we could only go 50MPH the whole way home due to the donut tire on my car so that was fun to have everyone passing us but we made it home safely. Daniel went Monday and got new tires for my car which she has been needed for a long time but they are just so expensive we have been putting it off. Alice finally has new shoes now!!







































































































5 comments:

Sammy said...

How fun, but you are crazy that you want to lose 30 lbs!!! you will die! you are so little, you can't afford to lose that much! but 6 lbs is great, way too go. thats awesome, but 30 is too much!

bRanDoN and TheReSa said...

Looks like your having fun!!! way to go on going to the gym... i have the same goal as you but i am slacking for sure... i want to lose it by April so wish me luck... ill need it LOL :)

Jordan said...

Holy cow! I can't believe all the trouble you had getting up to your cabin! Looks like you guys had a blast! That fog is nuts! You're pretty disciplined to be working out when you're on vacay! Go Kelsie!

Holly said...

You are brave, Kelsie. I would have be completely freaked out if I'd had to sit in the car in the dark fog :( Other than that little adventure though, it sounds like you guys had a good weekend!

TravNSteph said...

Your up to 6 lbs, that is freakin awesome! I am so proud of you!! I dont know how you managed to stay in the car all alone! I dont think i could have. Its creeping me out just thinking about it, i am looking out the window and its foggy and im freaked out and in the comfort of my own home....i can only imagine being in the middle of nowhere!